Student Newspaper: First News
Our First News subscription allows students to access it on personal devices at home. We have subscription which covers us to read both the UK and International editions.
Instructions for using the app are:
- Open the First News app ( free to install) and enter Parent Mode by tapping on the icon in the top right hand corner of the app.
- Enter the answer to the question and tap on I am an adult.
- Tap on the account button next to the cog icon in the top right hand corner of the app
- Tap on the Existing Subscriptions tab and enter your Web ID: SRD3XCC5 then tap on the Log In button.
- Once logged in issues included with your subscription will show a Download button on them, simply tap this to download the issue.
- Happy Reading!
Instructions for accessing the whole newspaper which includes a reading package which has comprehension questions, puzzles, quizzes and games.
1. Go to the website https://schools.firstnews.co.uk
2. Click on register
3. Click I'm a First News subscriber and want to register for resources and uploading videos.
4. Type in the First News Web ID: SRD3XCC5
5. It asks you to fill in details and says please use a valid school email address. Disregard this and use your personal email address.
6. When it asks for role, click other and type parent/guardian.
7. Happy reading!
A link to the website can also be found on the student portal.