PressReader delivers the world’s newspapers and magazines to millions of readers the way they want to receive them - in print, online, or on their mobile device, tablet or eReader - wherever they live, travel, work or play.
PressReader offers access to more than 6,000 newspapers and magazines from more than 100 countries in 60+ languages.
With PressReader, you can hold an enhanced digital replica of your favourite publication in your hands and read it from cover to cover, just the way the title was printed, with no compromises in quality, fidelity or content.
Hot Spot Access to PressReader in the College
You will need to connect your smartphone to the College wifi and then walk to one of the following locations:
PA Building – Level 2
Senior School - Library
Junior School - Library
DUCKS School – Level 1
We have asked PressReader to cover the College as best as possible, but it can take a little walking to get it renewed.
- All-you-can-read digital kiosk of newspapers and magazines
- Easily discover content searching by publication name, interest, country, or language preference
- Read fully-formatted publications and stories just as they appear in print
- Read full stories in an attention-grabbing, horizontal news stream in text view mode
- Download full-issues for offline reading
- Find stories on your topic with advanced search across multiple publications
- Instantly translate stories in up to 17 languages
- Listen to stories with on-demand narration
- Print full-content pages or articles
- Personalize your news feed with specific sections from publications to build your own newspaper or magazine
- Set My Topic alerts so you always see important news on your keywords
- Bookmark articles for later reading, reference or sharing
- Get your favourite publications auto-delivered so you never miss an issue
- Vote on articles to show support or opposition of viewpoints
- Comment on articles and make your opinions heard
- Share stories by email or on Facebook or Twitter
- Sync your profile with news preferences, bookmarks and alerts across all your devices
Benefits to library patrons:
Access to full content, same-day newspapers and magazines with back issue availability
On-site and off-site access to publications
Viewable on PC, smartphones or tablet devices
Expanded collection of global news resources ideal for research
Convenience of accessing their favourite titles on their own personal devices
Access to all publications
Download titles and read anytime
The service provides up to a 90-day backfile for most titles.
Students need to be logged into Firefly to access this. In Firefly go to the main dashboard and scroll down. Click on Press Reader and then click on the three lines in the top left corner. Next click publications and then categories. Scroll through the categories to view what you are interested in. In the top right corner there are three dots, click on this if you wish to use the listen or translate functions.
You will then have full access to Pressreader offsite for seven days; to renew access after this period, simply log in again while connected to the school’s network.
Watch the video below for a brief introduction to reading articles on Pressreader:
There is content suitable for all ages. The content on PressReader is not rated or restricted and parents should be aware of what their students are reading when using PressReader.
Download the app for your device: